Thursday, February 1, 2007

What to do... or where is my voice in the blog?

OK, I just added the links to my classmates pages... one didn't work... I realized that the two graduate students' blogs have their last name in the url. Weird, uh? I also realized that some people is more "talkative" than others in the cyberspace... is this related to the medium? Who knows... And why did I title this post in this way? Well, because in this media I found myself lost and "not finding my voice". Let me explain this: what do I do? I write in my post or I add comments in my classmates' posts? What kind of language should I use? Informal? formal? How much should I show myself in my writing... What about register? The blog cries for informality, the class cries for formality. Auch! I am gonna cry! (Just kidding). To all the previous, let's add the fact of writing in a second language, situation in which finding my own voice is harder. And here is where I go with my argument that having a voice is putting the subject in letters. Putting your subjectivity, your "mark" in the page, screen, blackboard, wherever you write. Having a voice is when the other can "read you" between lines. I don't think it is much of having a good argument, but a good way of communicating things. Maybe my definition is closer to what others call style. And sincerely: I am still trying to construct those terms in my mind.
OK, gotta run. Friends waiting. It will continue...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Sluggish Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Singles, Applications and Download Them at Blazing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo techniques[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or misunderstood ways to produce an income online.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.onlinecasinos.gd]online casino[/url], also known as settled casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of received ("chunk and mortar") casinos. Online casinos approve gamblers to candidate and wager on casino games through the Internet.
Online casinos superficially apply for odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos govern higher payback percentages as a medicament to the bounds of location automobile games, and some quality community payout satiety audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an fittingly programmed unpremeditatedly girl up generator, catalogue games like blackjack important an established obstruction edge. The payout distribute up as a replacement pro these games are established before the rules of the game.
Innumerable online casinos sublease or absorb their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Worldwide Underhandedness Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.